Randomness

Empty paper has never been so attracting,
Words absorbing the silence of overflowing chests
The world is a canvas today, choose your images it says
The ink flows, creating babies of thoughts
Forget tomorrow. choose tonight
Paper and ink get intimate; but
Black clouds heavy, unable to blink,
Bandages pealing off, leaving wrinkles instead
Its hard just opening my eyes,
Constipated with rain, afraid...
Fear to fall under the shoe that will step unlookingly
Alone - what a freedom it is?
I cant lie and cant pretend anymore
Denial has played its part for the longest
I can't change your mind, sad isn't it?
The phone rings, but no answer; just tonight - why?
Addicted to the voice, like sweet to tooth
The sweetness that melts not in my mouth, but in my blood.
Let the faces we tend to wear be removed for real,
Show me your cuts and I'll show you mine
Who's getting fooled?
Hoping our faces won't give it away...
After tasting happiness, swoaling it, is all I am asking
I wish I could say I want you but the truth is I need you
Blood is drying, movement is slowing down
You need me and vice versa, then why not answer?
If this silence is what your choosing today
Then I will wait -- but, quickly, before
No ink flows, no pages turn
The ink is dried, the book is finished.
Don't absorb, just read

1 comment:

Arti Honrao said...

Hi!

Read this poem and the one before this, it feels as if both have a personal touch ...
Comes straight from the heart!


Good work.



GBU
Arti