My Canvas

I have realized what life is all about? Yes, I have...I who lives in la-la-land has come to accept this reality. Well, what is life all about, huh? In my eyes life is all about details. The details are what creates my canvas, a beautiful canvas. Details such as family, religion, faith, school, friends, relatives, work, relationships, and all other things. And my life merely a canvas, meant to be drawn on.

My details are sketched, accidentally stained on, or carefully drawn in time play an important role in who I am and who I will became. I have stood and watched people draw on their canvas with two different mediums. One, pencil, giving the illusion and the freedom that there can be a second chance. Just like a kid that learns to draw and makes a mistake can easily get a second chance by erasing bits and pieces, starting all over again. Second one would be permanent such as a pen; confident in every stroke. But sometimes you wonder, would a stoke turn into a scar over years and leave a mark that is deep. This scar in the canvas will have to stand the test of time while the canvases drawn in pencil will never have a particular part of their life leaving a stain...

I have drawn my canvas with an ink pen, but the question that strains my mind is that in time, will the stroke, the scar, the mark, etc be something that I will be proud of? Questioning my kismat, looking for the answer brings in more questions. Will my canvas be appreciated by those that glance at it? Will my mistakes be forgiven or not? Will my canvas be thrown to the side like dried up paint? Who will know the value of my stroke? Who will I share my canvas it?

All these questions keeping coming up and after a while the answers find a way to the questions. I alone will see the soul of my canvas and be proud of each stroke of bliss. I alone will know the value of my life, and know the journey my canvas took. I alone will know the meaning and thought behind each scar on my canvas. I alone will appreciate my canvas and my soul will react with the outcome of each stroke. I alone will. I am alone. I have been alone. But lately I am changing being black and white, a morning following it's evening. A simple life, too mundane without any colors to a stroke of rainbows. I am adding a few drops of PINK and a few more of YELLOW, ORANGE, PEACH, CORAL, and RED...

In pen, my canvas has been stroked with beautiful colors. Where I have marked in my family, my religion, my faith, my beliefs, and YOU. I know that in time I will appreciate my work in pen without the feeling of not being able to getting the freedom of a second chance. This is because I have trusted my soul & heart and not exact formulas created by my mind. You will see through my each stroke and understand the meaning of who I am. You will know the value of myself without the discrepancies. You will have the story of me, my most valuable secret chambers. Hopefully my joy will bring a smile from ear to ear, and my sorrows a tear to be tasted by the lips.

I have with my full heart given you the permission to view the strokes on my canvas -- The Stroke that has created my canvas a Masterpiece.

No comments: